captain billy's 4wd - bush ranger - 4 berth campa option
Escape - into the spectacular Cape York region. ‘Last frontier’ of Australia that adventurers and lovers of the outdoors find hard to resist. Explore the bush camping opportunities; to camp in the bush is a huge draw card for many visitors to the Cape.
Your 4WD Bushranger provides comfortable access to endless new opportunities in Cape York Peninsula, scenic touring, fishing, hiking, Aboriginal rock art, National Parks and the many creek crossings along the old Telegraph Track are part of the adventure of any Cape York trip. Plus With a long range diesel fuel tank, high & low ratio 4WD, Factory fitted front and rear diff lockers and snorkel, manual transmission, Bull Bar and Winch 9500xp, 5 Watt 40 Channel UHF Radio, Roof rack, Duel batteries, Old Man Emu Off road suspension and tyres this is a great vehicle for getting off-road and exploring the back-tracks of Cape York.
For an additional $298.00 - you can also hire the optional Bush Ranger Outback Camping pack which includes a tent on the roof for camping with a view! an additional two person Turbo tent plus solar shower, portable gas stove, mini-fridge, awning, camping table, camp stretchers, kitchen kit and chairs. Your experience can also be enhanced by adding the camp oven pack which includes the camp oven, BBQ plate, grill, camp fire thermonet hot water - all for $49.00 per hire.
We can also add a chain saw for an additional $78.00. Relaxing with some delicious refreshments, with the camp oven in full swing can’t be beaten against the background of magnificent sunsets and a clear night sky illuminated by a billion stars. Now, that’s how life should be.
If you don't won’t the drive back, you can leave the washed and cleaned Bush Ranger at Bamaga, a one way drop off fee will apply to the hire. Then your return journey can be by plane or by sea on the M.V Trinity Bay back to Cairns.
Please note: Should you use an unmanaged campsite make sure you: Dig a deep hole for your toiletry needs and cover it when you are finished. Take all your rubbish with you and dispose of it in the next rubbish pit. Ensure your camp fire is extinguished and covered with dirt before you leave. Alcohol restrictions: be aware that alcohol restrictions apply in some of Cape York’s indigenous communities.
Sleeping Capacity 4 adults
Roof Tent 2.4m x 1.2m
Turbo Tent 240 x 240 x 210 (Super fast to pitch built TOUGH for Aussie conditions)
Gas Stove Yes - Portable 2 burner
Shower Solar Solar hand held
Fresh Water Tank 31 litres
Gas Carteridges 4
Personal Kit (Bedding and Linen) Fixed @ $38.00 per person
Additional Turbo Tent $80.00 per hire
Equipment provided: Crockery, cutlery, cooking utensils, pots, grater, chopping board, potato peeler, salad/serving bowls, storage containers, toaster, gas kettle, bucket, brush and shovel, cloths pegs and line, fire extinguisher, maps and camping ground guide book.
External Height: 2.5m
Internal Height: 2.0m (with pop-top roof up)
Power Supply (Volts) 12V battery
Radio/Cassette/CD Radio / CD Player
Power Steering Yes
(Driver’s Cab/Main Cab)
Transmission 5 speed manual
Engine Specifications 4.5L V8 Turbo Diesel
Fuel Tank Capacity 160 litres
(approx. per 100km) Average
15- 20 litres
Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) No
Tyre Pressure 42 psi front & 54 psi rear
Factory Fitted Front and Rear Diff lockers and snorkel, Bull Bar and 9500xp Winch, 5 Watt 40 Channel UHF Radio, Roof Rack, Long Range Fuel Tanks, Off Road Tyres, Duel Batteries, Old man Emu Off Road Suspension pack.
captain billy's 4wd - bush ranger - 4 berth campa option - rental rates
||1 - 30 apr
||1 may - 30 jun
||1 jul - 30 sep
||1 nov - 14 dec
||15 dec - 14 jan
||15 jan - 31 mar
request a quote
- Free unlimited kilometers and GST (10%) included.
- Courtesy airport transfers before and after your hire are included
- Multiple windscreen and tyre cover is included in the Excess Reduction Option
- No charge for extra drivers.
- Free starter pack including regional and activities guide.
- Comprehensive road atlas supplied on loan.
- Statewide RACQ road side service.
- One-way rentals available.
- Major credit cards accepted.
- All charges are calculated on a daily basis, not a twenty-four hour day.
- For all rental vehicles there is a minimum period of 7 days.
- Standard compressive cover is included in the daily rental rate; a standard excess of $5000.00 applies. Hirers may exercise the option for reducing their liability (refer excess reduction options below)
- We do not deduct the bond from your credit card or bank account.
- Rates and conditions may be subject to change without prior notice.
- Special discounted rates apply for rentals for more than 50 days. Details are available upon application.
- Multiple consecutive campervan rentals with Tasmania Campers and Tui Campers New Zealand can be combined to earn generous long-term rental discounts
- Vehicles are restricted to Queensland.
- Pick up/drop off is Cairns or Bamaga, fees apply.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge of 2% for Visa or MasterCard.